Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Trying NOT to be mean...



I have been working on NOT being mean.

I am finding it difficult so I guess that means deep down I am mean. 

Honestly, I don't think I'm mean.  Here is what I know...

  • I have no patience
  • I expect people around me to behave like adults
  • I expect people around me to not be lazy (work and personal life)
  • I expect a level of professionalism (this is a HUGE work issue)
  • I expect to be respected
I guess these are my underlying issues...if you can call them that. 

Maybe its just that my expectations are to high. 

When the above "expectations" are not being met I get frustrated.  Which turns into short quick emails..just so I can get my point out and across which I guess is translated to "mean"
Well ya know what people...put on your big girl panties and suck it up like the rest of us instead of crying to the boss...because I worded something in a way that made you feel sensitive. 

It happens to all of us...I have NEVER gone running to any boss because someone spoke to me and made me feel shitty. 

If I did that I would worry that the people who made the comments would think that I couldn't handle pressure...or criticism or what I was just a whiny baby. 

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I THINK OF THIS PERSON AT MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment