Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Hobbies



Do you have any hobbies? 

I do

I love to read, knit and kayak.

Interesting combination right!

The reading part isn't super interesting...I'm pretty sure lots of people read.  But not a lot of people knit, especially younger people.  Although I have seen a rise in younger people knitting.

I would love to knit on a kayak one day.  Then I can combine two loves.

I need a bigger kayak. 

Currently the one I have is an 8 foot kayak.  I'm 5'10" so my long legs don't fit that comfortably. 
I have plans to purchase a 10 foot one soon....that is as long as I can lift it on top of my SUV by myself. 

I am interested in the Pelican Mustang 100X kayak.  I'm pretty sure I can lift it and the name is awesome. 

The past two weekends we have been out on a lake.  Its so peaceful. 

I think I also need some kayaking buddies. 

My wife goes with me and enjoys it but she really just enjoys floating.   She doesn't seem to have much interest in actually going a distance on the lakes.  She also gets alittle freaked out if I go out of her site.  LOL  Kinda like a child going out of site of their parents. 

I am perfectly content and happy to go off on my own.  I'm also a pretty strong swimmer so I'm not worried.  Side note though, I 'm not entirely sure I can get back into the kayak should I actually tip over.  I have watched some video on how to reenter from the water but I've never actually tried it. 

So what are your hobbies?

No comments:

Post a Comment