Thursday, June 20, 2019

Rabbit Hole



I used to pride myself on staying out of drama and gossip, not talking behind others backs.

I used to mind my own business.

Notice how I say "used to"

I have fallen down the rabbit hole. 

I fear there is no getting out of it.

I think part of why this has happened is because I want to be liked.  

Have said that I also have this "I don't give a shit what people think about me" attitude.  Which I have had for a very long time..but I still want to be liked.  Makes no sense

When I first started with this company there were very few employees and we all pretty much started at the same time.  Its larger now.

There are more people with different personalities and they don't all mesh so people talk about each other. 

I "used to" be very non-committal.  Just say "uummm" a lot of times...or "oh"  and not offer my opinion (which was never good anyway) or offer feedback. 

It seems that all I do now is gossip right back, offer feedback and my opinion (none of it is good either...still)

I think I have even stirred the pot a few times. 

I am not proud of my new found ability to gossip and get involved in drama but I also can't seem to stop it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment